- We are currently recruiting paralegals for our Mental Health department. The position is based at our North Finchley office in London.
- The ideal candidate would be an LLB graduate planning a gap year before LPC, someone studying for the LPC part-time or someone looking for a paralegal role with a view to a training contract;
- it is essential that applicants have a genuine interest in and commitment towards mental health law;
- while not essential, it is important that applicants are able to drive and have use of a car as the hospitals we visit are often remote.
- We view this as a long-term appointment with the possibility of a training contract subject to performance.
- Annual salary of £17,250 and 20 days holiday;
- Entry into our discretionary bonus scheme.
GN Law Careers
We now have a dedicated GN Law Careers website, just part of our commitment to recruiting and nurturing the best talent in all departments. If you are considering joining us, direct contact is preferred (and more effective) than third party introductions.
If you are looking for work experience or are interested in the GN Law internship programme, all the information can be found on our careers site.
Please go to www.gnlawcareers.co.uk to find out more.
Court of Protection - Solicitor Wanted
We are looking for an experienced Court of Protection solicitor 2+ years PQE to join our expanding and dynamic Court of Protection team. Our team currently consists of four solicitors and two (soon to be three) trainee solicitors.
We primarily represent P in welfare cases, most frequently instructed on P’s behalf by the Official Solicitor, and we also represent family members. Experience of mental capacity matters, best interests and welfare issues in the Court of Protection is essential.
We are looking for someone who has particular experience in representing P, by his/her litigation friend the Official Solicitor, and preferably with experience of supervising other fee earners. They need to be conscientious, driven, organised, and work well in a team.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious practitioner experienced in COP work. We are looking for someone with the potential to progress to associate status within the firm, a role which involves supervisory responsibility.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £42K dependent on experience.
Private Health Insurance.
Bonus scheme with realistic targets.
25 days annual leave.
Application by CV and covering letter to Maria Nicholas at email@example.com. Closing date for applications:
Mental Health Paralegal - Tring Office
We are currently looking to recruit a paralegal for our Mental Health office in Tring, Hertfordshire.
The role involves assisting the running of a mental health caseload. A good deal of travelling is involved as we represent clients in East Anglia and the Midlands as well as locally. All paralegals benefit from our comprehensive training program and supervision.
This would suit an LLB graduate planning a gap year before LPC, someone studying for the LPC part-time or someone who has already passed the LPC and is looking to join a firm with a view to securing a training contract. We view this as a long-term appointment. Training contracts are awarded subject to performance.
Due to the location of the office a driving licence and car are essential.
Salary: £17,250 pa + expenses
Mental Health Paralegal - North Finchley, London Office
Salary & Benefits
The position attracts: -