Court of Protection – Solicitor Wanted
We are looking for an experienced Court of Protection solicitor to join our expanding and dynamic Court of Protection team. Our team consists of four solicitors, a trainee solicitor and two paralegals.
We primarily represent P in welfare cases, most frequently instructed on P’s behalf by the Official Solicitor, and we also represent family members. Experience of mental capacity matters, best interests and welfare issues in the Court of Protection is essential. Accredited Legal Representative status is preferable.
We are looking for someone who has particular experience in representing P, by his/her litigation friend the Official Solicitor, and preferably with experience of supervising other fee earners. They need to be conscientious, driven, organised, and work well in a team.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious practitioner experienced in COP work. We are looking for someone with the potential to progress within the firm.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a covering letter, curriculum vitae, two references and an Equal Opportunities Form to Maria Nicholas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Paralegal – North Finchley, London Office
- We are currently recruiting paralegals for our Mental Health Department;
- You will be supporting solicitors in advising and assisting people detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 as well as conducting your own caseload;
- The position is based at our North Finchley office in London;
- It is essential that applicants have a genuine interest in and commitment to mental health law;
- It is also preferable that applicants have a full driving licence and have use of a car as the hospitals we visit are often remote.
- We view this as a long-term appointment with the possibility of a training contract subject to performance;
- Support to become accredited by the Law Society – subject to performance / commitment.
Salary & Benefits
The position attracts: –
- Thorough training in law, practice and Legal Aid Agency requirements;
- Annual salary of £20,000 and 20 days holiday;
- Entry into our discretionary bonus scheme.
Please send a covering letter, curriculum vitae, two references and an Equal Opportunities Form to Charlotte Ash: email@example.com