Please note that we are not accepting any new housing work at this time
Protecting your property rights
We understand that housing issues can be stressful, so we approach each case with care and compassion. We protect your property rights and boast an enviable record of achieving outstanding results for our clients.
Our work includes but is not limited to:
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Advice on tenancy agreements and notices (including drafting)
- Rent possession claims
- Mortgage repossessions
- Disrepair claims including improvement notices issued by local authorities
- Suitability of accommodation challenges
- Residential Property Tribunal applications (e.g. challenging increases to rent)
- Leasehold Valuation Tribunal applications (e.g. challenging service charges and lease variations)
- Deposit disputes
- Rent Act tenancies and succession
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions and possession cases
Landlord and tenant disputes
Our Landlord & Tenant team is here to protect your property rights. Whether you are a landlord, homeowner or leaseholder, we can assist you with your property issues. The team will guide you in the best and most effective way forward and will make sure you take the correct steps to save you both time and money.
We are skilled at dealing with both contentious and non-contentious aspects of landlord and tenant law.
Whether you are letting your house or flat as an investment or because you are working away, we will make sure your property is properly protected. We can draft agreements and deal with potential problems including non-payment of rent, damage to your property, tenants/licensees refusing to leave at the end of a tenancy/license.
We offer clear legal advice and practical solutions on matters including: –
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Defending claims made by tenants
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Drafting tenancies
- Tenancy/License problems
- Rent reviews and recovery of rent arrears
- Leasehold issues
We offer fixed fees tailored to your needs as well as flexible payment terms.
We offer fixed fees for drafting and serving notices (S8 & S21 notices) and for court attendance and for warrants of eviction. Please contact us for details. Fixed fees often have to be tailored to each individual case and will depend on what issues are raised in the case and what defences may be available to the other side.
Legal Aid is available for a lot of housing issues. You are more than welcome to contact the team and we will be able to advise whether you could qualify for Legal Aid.