6 precautionary steps to give more weight to your pre-nup
Steps you can take in your prenuptial agreements
1. Have it drawn up by a qualified solicitor.
2. Ensure both parties receive independent legal advice from separate solicitors.
3. Ensure both parties fully understand the agreement and voluntarily agree to it.
4. Get both solicitors to confirm it was entered into freely and knowingly.
5. Sign the prenuptial agreement at least 21 days before the marriage.
6. Ensure both parties disclose all their assets and property.