Muslim marriages in the UK or abroad - is yours valid?
9 January, 2019
Is your Muslim marriage valid?
Answering these types of questions should help you find out if your marriage is valid
- Where did you get married?
- Was it in the UK?
- Was it abroad e.g. Pakistan?
- Did you have a Nikah?
- Did you have Civil Ceremony?
- Did you have a Nikah and a Civil Ceremony?
- Were you given a certificate?
Depending on the answers to those questions, you may ending up following one of these paths
- Likely a valid marriage in the UK
- Likely not a valid marriage
- Not a valid marriage unless registered
- Valid Marriage as long as it complies with the Marriage Act 1949