GN Law - Our People News and TV

Simple steps to the procedure for Care Proceedings

Our People - Jalpa Vadgama
9 January, 2019

What are the procedures for Care Proceedings?

1. An Application is Filed

Social Services file an application to the Court for a care or supervision order in respect of your child[ren).

2. Instructing a Solicitor

Instruct a Solicitor – its free!

3. First Hearing – CMH (Case Management Hearing)

The Court will determine how your case should proceed, this will include assessments being undertaken, parties to provide written evidence to the court.

4. Second Hearing – IRH (Issues Resolution Hearing)

This hearing is intended to narrow the issues in your case and for the remaining issues to be determined at a final hearing.

5. Third Hearing- Final Hearing

If you agree with Social Services plan for your child(ren) you will not be required to provide oral evidence in court . If you do not agree with the Social Service’s plan you would be required to provide oral evidence in court as to why you don’t agree.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Head of Family (Public Law)
Jalpa Vadgama is an associate solicitor and is the head of our Public Children Law Department. She is a member of Resolution and an Accredited Member of the Child Panel.

Related Articles

The long-awaited enactments that pave the way for “no fault” divorces, have now become law. This article provides an overview of the previous divorce laws, the changes, and their possible implications.
Our People - Loretta Orsi-Barzanti
Loretta Orsi-Barzanti considers the realities of child maintenance, the ups, the downs and how to navigate what can often be troubled waters.
Our People - Loretta Orsi-Barzanti
Peter Bushell considers whether courts are likely to order that children be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our People - Peter Bushell
GN Law

Send a message

We will only use the information you enter in this form to contact you about your enquiry and will not share it with anyone else. Please read our Privacy Notice.