** COVID-19 direct mobile contact - 07493 101 986 **
Della Camps is a Solicitor in the Mental Health Team at GN Law. Della is an Accredited Member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Panel and is able to represent clients before the First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health).
Della advises and assists clients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983, including forensic clients detained in High Secure Hospitals, and also advises discharged patients on their right to aftercare under the Act. Della also regularly assists clients at Section 117 Meetings and Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPAs) and has extensive experience advising and assisting clients to challenge their detention at Hospital Managers hearings.
Della has undertaken seats in the Community Care and Court of Protection departments in the firm and has assisted clients, pro bono, at the Hendon CAB in both of these areas of law.
Della also has experience in dealing with a wide range of social housing matters, including advising on secure and assured tenancies and leasehold management.
Della is committed to working in mental health law and is dedicated to her work with mental health clients.
- 2011-2013 Legal Practice Course (Sweet & Maxwell Award winner for graduating top of the year group)
- 2007-2011 University of Westminster
- 2015 - present GN Law
- 2007-2015 Tally Ho Housing Co-operative
- Accredited Member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Tribunal Panel
- Member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association
- Hospital Managers Hearings 2017
- Should Judges sit alone on Mental Health Tribunals? 2016
- Pre-Hearing Examination – A Patient’s Choice 2015
Personal Interests and Activities
Della is a keen amateur archer. She has completed the 252 Challenge at 20 yards and 30 yards and has twice won her Club Championships in the Women’s 30 Yard category.
Della also enjoys taking in part in long-distance running competitions and completed the Royal Parks Half Marathon in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014 raising money for GOSH and NDCS.
What clients and professionals say
- “Very helpful”
- "Thank you again for all your help and support. You are a very nice person... you listen and you understand. Having my son back home with me is amazing."
- "You are really commited to your clients and working in their best interests"