Janet Martland is a Solicitor in the Family Department. She is a member of the Children Law Panel, Family Law and Family Law Advanced Panels, as well as a member of Resolution. In March 2016 Janet became a member of the Resolution Legal Aid Committee.
Janet specialises in public and private law Children Act proceedings, advising parents at pre-proceedings meetings with the Local Authority and representing parents whose children are subject to care proceedings. She also represents parents and grandparents as applicants and respondents in applications for Child Arrangement Orders, as well as representing applicants on an emergency basis in applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders.
She has particular expertise in:
- Care Proceedings,
- Pre-Proceeding/Legal Gateway meetings,
- Child Arrangement Orders,
- Prohibited Steps/Specific Issue Orders,
- Special Guardianship Orders,
- Non-Molestation Order and Occupation Orders,
Click here to see Janet's GN Law TV Videos
- University of Northumbria – Law (Exempting) Degree, 2004-2008.
- 2015 GN Law
- 2013-2015 MK Law
- 2012-2013 Hutchins and Co
- 2010-2012 Brown Beer Nixon Mallon
- 2008-2010 Cygnet Family Law
- Member of the Children Law Panel
- Family Law Panel
- Family Law Advanced Panel
- Member of Resolution
Whilst at University Janet gave advice on a pro bono basis at the Student Law Office.
She has links to the CAB and Women’s Aid.
What clients say
"I would like to thank you[...] for the wonderful job you have done for me. I'm so pleased to to see my children regularly. I really appreciate all the support from you and your team." FJ, London.
Janet is an avid reader, she particularly enjoys crime fiction. She is also a fan of the British Basketball League, supporting the Newcastle Eagles.