Jennifer specialises in Mental health and Mental Capacity Law and also has experience in Housing Law. She was a Legal Aid Agency (LAA) Supervisor for the Mental Health Department in her previous firm.
Jennifer has practised in Mental Health law since May 2009 and is member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Law Accreditation Scheme.
Jennifer is part of the Court of Protection Team and can advise, assist and represent clients in the areas listed below:
- Mental capacity and best interests
- Deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Court of Protection health and welfare matters
- Deputyship applications
Where the individual lacks the capacity to instruct a solicitor for him/herself, Jennifer is instructed by the Official Solicitor or an appropriate litigation friend.
- Legal Practice Course & Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- University of Reading, Politics & International Relations
- Jennifer has provided training to professionals in the field of Mental Health Law.
- Paralegal, Peters & Company, 2009-2010
- Trainee/Solicitor , Peters & Company, 2010-2011
- Solicitor, Peters & Company, 2012- 2013
- Solicitor and LAA Supervisor, Sternberg Reed , 2013-2017
- GN Law, 2017- Present
Professional Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of the Law Society’s Committee on Mental Health and Disability
- Accredited member of the Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme
- Committee member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association
- Group member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Christian Fellowship
Personal Interests and Activities
- Jennifer has volunteered for humanitarian projects overseas and for the charities Crisis and Oxfam. She enjoys travelling to different countries and learning about different cultures. She also enjoys running and completed the London Marathon in 2014