Lisa began representing clients detained under the Mental Health Act in 2009. She has been a Law Society Accredited Mental Health Panel Member since 2011.
Lisa has extensive experience in representing clients who are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended). Lisa can assist with appeals to the First-tier Tribunal, representing clients at Hospital Managers Hearings and she attends s.117/CPA meetings. Lisa can advise on consent to treatment issues and the rights of the Nearest Relative. Lisa has experience in bringing cases to the Upper Tier Tribunal.
Lisa has also previously advised on employment law issues. Before joining Guile Nicholas Solicitors as a Consultant Solicitor, she was a founding Director and a LAA Supervisor at another legal aid firm.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Employment Law
- Mental Health Accreditation, The Law Society
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- BA in Business, Economics & Social Studies (Hons 2:1), Trinity College Dublin
- Paralegal, GN Law 2009
- Trainee solicitor, GN Law 2010 – 2012
- Solicitor & Supervisor, GN Law 2012- 2013
- Solicitor & Supervisor, Springfield Law Centre 2013 -2014
- Director at Appleman Legal Solicitors, August 2014- 2017
Professional Accreditations and Memberships
- Accredited member of the Law Society Mental Health Review Tribunal Panel
- Member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association
Lisa likes to ski, play tennis and travel in her spare time.