Nilufer is a solicitor in the Court of Protection and Community Care departments. Nilufer is based at our Finchley office.
Nilufer joined GN Law in February 2015. Having worked in the Mental Health Law department for a period of just under two years, owing to her interest in Mental Capacity Law, Nilufer’s legal practice gradually shifted to Court of Protection and Community Care work.
Nilufer has experience in advising the clients on various aspects of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Nilufer currently advises clients on all aspects of Court of Protection and Community Care matters including but not limited to;
- §Deprivation of Liberty and Safeguards (DoLS)
- §Welfare disputes concerning persons who lacks capacity
- §Detention under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- §Deputyship applications
- §Mental capacity and best interests
- §Section 117 Aftercare Services
- §Care Act 2014
Nilufer is particularly experienced in dealing with Court of Protection welfare cases. In her Court of Protection work, she is regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor, family members and professional advocates.
Nilufer is an accredited member of the Law Society Mental Capacity (Welfare) Panel.
Nilufer also undertakes work in all aspects of Community Care law, including challenging decisions made by the local authority in relation to social care provisions and assisting clients in obtaining services such as direct payments.
Nilufer is dedicated to working with vulnerable clients and their families, helping them to achieve their objectives in the most smooth and efficient way possible.
GN Law 2015 - Present
- 2017 Solicitor
- 2016 Trainee solicitor
- 2015 Paralegal
Professional accreditations and memberships
- Accredited Member of the Law Society (Mental Capacity) Panel
- Member of the Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- LPC City Law School - Distinction 2013 - 2014
- LLB City University 2010 -2013
- §Nilufer is fluent in Turkish
Personal Interests and Activities
- Away from the office, Nilufer enjoys time with family, cooking, baking and country walking.
What clients say
- “very helpful”
- §“Thank you for the time and for the patience that you gave, it was more than appreciated and will not be forgotten”