Nilufer is an assistant solicitor in the Court of Protection and Community Care departments.
Nilufer joined the GN Law Mental Health Law department in 2015 and started working in the Court of Protection and Community Care departments in September 2016. She advised clients on various aspects of the Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Nilufer currently advises clients on all aspects of Court of Protection and Community Care matters including but not limited to;
- Deprivation of Liberty and Safeguards (DoLS)
- Welfare disputes concerning persons who lacks capacity
- Detention under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Deputyship applications
- Mental capacity and best interests
- Section 117 Aftercare Services
- Care Act 2014
Nilufer is particularly experienced in dealing with Court of Protection welfare cases. In her Court of Protection work, Nilufer is regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor, family members and advocates. Nilufer advises clients regarding questions of capacity to make decisions with regards to residence, care and contact with others.
Nilufer also undertakes work in all aspects of Community Care law, including challenging decisions made by the local authority in relation to social care provisions and she regularly assists clients in obtaining services such as direct payments.
Nilufer is dedicated to working with vulnerable clients and their families, helping them to achieve their objectives in the most smooth and efficient way possible.
- Solicitor, September 2017
- Trainee solicitor, GN Law 2016
- Paralegal, GN Law 2015
- LPC City Law School - Distinction
- LLB City University
- Nilufer is fluent in Turkish
Personal Interests and Activities
Away from the office, Nilufer enjoys time with family, cooking, baking and country walking.
What clients say
- “very helpful”
- “Thank you for the time and for the patience that you gave, it was more than appreciated and will not be forgotten”