Planning today, Protecting tomorrow
Most people accept that planning for their future with the making of a will is a good idea; it ensures that your wishes are carried out after death.
Making a will with Guile Nicholas is a quick and easy process and can include important planning for your family’s future. Tax savings can be achieved, and Trusts created to protect vulnerable relatives.
The list below sets out our common charges. These are starting prices. We will advise you whether or not the will you want prepared falls neatly into one of these categories or if there are additional charges.
- Single Will £295
- Double (mirror) Wills £490
- Single Codicil £195
- Double (mirror) Codicils £290
Wills containing life interest or home protection trusts
- Single Will £395
- Double (mirror) Wills £690
Wills containing discretionary trusts
- Single Will £495
- Double (mirror) Wills £890
- Letter of Wishes £75
- Deed of Variation £500 – £1,000*
- Home Visits £300
- Will storage £25
Please note the above prices do not include VAT which is charged at 20%. The time estimate for us preparing your will is 7 days from the day that we have your full instructions.
* Deeds of variation can vary in complexity. We offer fixed fees in the above range and will confirm the fixed fee once we understand your requirements.
FREE Wills Service from Cancer Research
How it works
- Book an appointment with us and tell us you would like to use the Cancer Research wills scheme.
- Cancer Research pay us for drafting a simple will (£144 including VAT for a single will and £204 including VAT for mirror wills. From 1st December 2023 these fees will change to £250 + VAT for a single will and £350 + VAT for mirror wills).
- If your will is not simple, we will let you know, and advise you how much you will need to pay in addition to the amount paid to us by Cancer Research.
- As it does not seem fair to us for individuals to take advantage of the Cancer Research scheme and not include a legacy to Cancer Research, we will only offer the scheme where a client agrees to make a minimum donation to Cancer Research in their will of £500 (per will) or 1% of their estate.
GN Law have taken part in Will Aid for many years now, raising over £50,000 for many deserving charities. We are taking part again this year. The way it works is that we do your simple will for FREE and you make a donation to Will Aid. The scheme suggests certain donations for single and mirror wills but you can donate a different amount if you wish. Will Aid runs during the month of November each year. Please note that we only offer a certain number of Will Aid appointments each year. Booking starts on 1st September.
Click the link to see which Charities the Free Wills Network supports.