Mental Health Solicitors
Our Mental Health Solicitors in London have an established history of conducting Judicial Review cases in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court as well as taking appeals to the Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber).
How can we help?
Mental Health Law is highly specialised and GN Law is one of the biggest providers of Legal Aid in the UK, helping patients detained under the Mental Health Act seeking discharge from hospital.
The GN Mental Health Team consists of several specialist Law Society Accredited Advocates who are supported by closely supervised Trainee Solicitors and Paralegals.
GN Law is based in North Finchley in London, acting for clients both locally and further afield, including in high secure hospitals.
Many of the cases our Mental Health Lawyers help with begin with a challenge against detention under the Mental Health Act, but we also seek to address many other legal issues which detained people may encounter like Community Treatment Orders (CTO) and Guardianship.
We pride ourselves in giving a high level of client care combined with a firm and professional approach when representing our clients’ legal needs. Our standard of service is evidenced by a high level of repeat instruction.
Our Mental Health Legal services include:
- representing patients at First-tier tribunal hearings to challenge their detention under the Mental Health Act including Community Treatment Orders;
- acting for patients and Nearest Relatives in displacement proceedings in the County Court;
- representing patients and nearest relatives in hospital managers hearings;
- challenging treatment decisions;
- acting for clients in prison who wish to be transferred to a psychiatric hospital;
- challenging decisions regarding leave from hospital;
- assisting clients with issues surrounding S117 aftercare;
- complaints regarding seclusion and restraint while detained;
- advising families of those who have died in psychiatric care in respect of NHS Trust investigations and Inquests;
- judicial review matters and Human Rights Act claims.
How does it work?
When GN Law represents your case, you can be assured it will be handled with the utmost competence. Working in your best interest, our aim is to make the law both simple and effective. The GN Mental Health team is supported by a team of lawyers who are specialists in other areas of law such as community care and family law. Therefore, whatever the issue, there will be experts available to help with your case.
Most of our clients in this area of law are entitled to Legal Aid funding. If you would like more information and advice, please contact our Mental Health Team on 020 8492 2290 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.